Annual Santa Parade Recap
It’s time for this years’ annual Santa Claus Parade recap!
Despite some initial skepticism, Kamloops’ first nighttime parade was a smashing success this year with a bigger turnout than previous years with people crowding the streets for this year’s Santa Parade. Crowds of citizens came together to watch the parade. This aptly symbolized the theme of the parade for this year – “Power of Community”.
People of all ages gathered together along Victoria Street in the downtown core to watch as more than fifty floats and participants marched along the streets of Kamloops to introduce Santa.
We encouraged all of the participants in the parade to decorate with lights bright enough to be seen from outer space. Although the suggestion may have been a reach, we were thrilled to see the brilliant results. We’re also excited to announce that we’ve already begun planning for next year.
A big and warm thank you to Thompson Rivers University for sponsoring this amazing event!
We can’t wait to see what next year will bring! If you have any suggestions for next years’ themes, please don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know. We’re looking forward to see you all again then!
Places to Buy Gifts in Downtown Kamloops
November is coming to an end and Christmas is right around the corner, which means that it’s nearing the time to start purchasing gifts for our loved ones. There are many places you can buy gifts in downtown Kamloops, but we’d like to recommend a few places for this week:
- Support local shops downtown by checking out Far + Wide. They feature home and lifestyle goods, as well as plants and vintage pieces.
- Another local downtown shop to stop by is Ms. Whimsy’s. 99% of their merchandise is comprised of handmade Canadian items (while the other 1% is upcycled goods).
- With kitchen accessories, home décor, bath, garden, bedding, specialty foods, chocolate, and a variety of clothing attire, Castles and Cottages is an ideal place to look for all kinds of unique gifts.
- A bit more of a niche shop than the prior mentions in this list, but High Octane is an excellent place to shop for your comic book reading, board game playing, war hammer loving friends and family.
- And finally, another locally owned shop with Canadian-made merchandise where you can find men and women’s clothing, home décor, candles, and a variety of other small trinkets.
Just a friendly reminder that this list is by no means conclusive as there are many shops located in the downtown Kamloops area that you can stop at to look for gifts. Stay tuned for our weekly updates to find more lists of places to check out in downtown Kamloops.
Find out more articles like this one on our website.