The Kamloops Art Gallery has reopened its doors to the public! After being closed down they are finally able, and ready to #openwithcare to the public.
Some things have changed, however, the new hours of operations are Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm. Thursday is still free admission thanks to BCLC.
The exhibit the Art Gallery will be highlighting is “Casting the Eye Adrift” by Donald Lawerence, curated by Charo Neville and will run until December.
Remember to adhere to the Gallery’s COVID procedures:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well
- There will be limited maximum capacity in all of our spaces
- All guest from different households must stay 2m apart
- Children must stay with an adult at all times
- Masks are welcome but not mandatory
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Gallery
For more information, check out their website for all the details! Help support the Kamloops Art Gallery!
The call for mural artists for summer 2020 is open. The KCBIA began the public mural program in order to make the back alleys part of the downtown Kamloops experience There are now over thirty murals adorning downtown Kamloops’s alleyways and parking lots. Apply to become a lead mural artist now!
Lead Mural Artist
The lead mural artist designs and completes the mural, typically within four to five weeks. Responsibilities include:
- Working with confidence in large scale design and execution
- Cooperating with property owners to create designs
- Teaching, mentoring, and managing an artist’s assistants who will help with the implementation of the design
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to supervise a small team of assistants.
- Must be prepared to work outside during the summer months.
- Must be willing to work on scaffolding and use the necessary safety equipment.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
To download a detailed guide for submission click below.
Submit your artist portfolio with qualifications and examples of previous projects and works. Please state the desired compensation, and availability during the summer season. References are requested.
Closing date: July 2nd, 2020
Required Submission Materials
Length: Maximum four 8.5 x 11 pages
Size: 10 MB maximum
File type: Submission should be in a single PDF file
Submit all applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: July 2, 2020
Note: Should the proposal requirements for this call be a barrier to you submitting your ideas, please contact us at email@example.com before May 3rd.
Though this year will look different than past ones, the KCBIA looks forward to sharing new stories in Downtown Kamloops.
Call for artist assistants.
The KCBIA is planning a few more murals for our Back Alley Outdoor Art Gallery in Downtown Kamloops. The project will commence July 18, 2016.
We are looking for Mural Artist Assistants
Do you love to paint, want to learn how to create large scale works and update your knowledge of the process? Become a Mural Artist Assistant for the 2016 Downtown Kamloops Back Alley Art Gallery.
By workign with us you will gain work experience in large scale mural creation, time management and project planning & implementation.
You will be exposed to and develop a variety of painting techniques.
- Duties to include but not limited to:
- Wall cleaning and prepping procedure for paint application
- Equipment ordering
- Equipment assembly and storage
- Paint cataloguing
- Mural cataloguing
- Mural issue cataloguing
- Graffiti paint out
- Painting – general
- Painting – details
You must be E.I. eligible (not currently employed and have been Employment Insurance Benefits in the last 2 years or maternity leave in the last 3 years). You must have a desire to work hard and learn about large scale painting and the mural process in order to further your career. Employment will start July 18, 2016. We have two positions to fill. Please submit your resume with references to get the process started.
Interested individuals are asked to email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call the office at 250.372.3242 with any questions.