The call for mural artists for summer 2020 is open. The KCBIA began the public mural program in order to make the back alleys part of the downtown Kamloops experience There are now over thirty murals adorning downtown Kamloops’s alleyways and parking lots. Apply to become a lead mural artist now!
Lead Mural Artist
The lead mural artist designs and completes the mural, typically within four to five weeks. Responsibilities include:
- Working with confidence in large scale design and execution
- Cooperating with property owners to create designs
- Teaching, mentoring, and managing an artist’s assistants who will help with the implementation of the design
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to supervise a small team of assistants.
- Must be prepared to work outside during the summer months.
- Must be willing to work on scaffolding and use the necessary safety equipment.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
To download a detailed guide for submission click below.
Submit your artist portfolio with qualifications and examples of previous projects and works. Please state the desired compensation, and availability during the summer season. References are requested.
Closing date: July 2nd, 2020
Required Submission Materials
Length: Maximum four 8.5 x 11 pages
Size: 10 MB maximum
File type: Submission should be in a single PDF file
Submit all applications and inquiries to email@example.com
Application deadline: July 2, 2020
Note: Should the proposal requirements for this call be a barrier to you submitting your ideas, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 3rd.
Though this year will look different than past ones, the KCBIA looks forward to sharing new stories in Downtown Kamloops.