The call for mural artists for summer 2020 is open. This public mural program was undertaken by the KCBIA to make back alleys part of the downtown. There are now over 30 murals in downtown. Apply to become a lead mural artist now!
Lead Mural Artist
The lead mural artist designs and completes the mural, typically within four to five weeks. Responsibilities include:
- Work with confidence in large scale design and execution.
- Cooperate with property owners to create concept design.
- Teach, mentor, and manage an artist’s assistant who will help with the implementation of the design.
- They must work with minimal supervision and be able to supervise a small team of assistants.
- Be prepared to work outside during the summer months.
- Willing to work on scaffolding and use the necessary safety equipment.
- Able to lift to 50 pounds.
To download a detailed guide for submission click below.
Submit your artist portfolio with qualifications and examples of previous projects and works. Please state the desired compensation, and availability during the summer season. References are requested.
Closing date: July 2nd, 2020
Required Submission Materials
Length: Maximum four 8.5 x 11 pages
Size: 10 MB maximum
File type: Submission should be in a single PDF file
Submit all applications and inquiries to email@example.com
Application deadline: July 2, 2020
Note: Should the proposal requirements for this call be a barrier to you submitting your ideas, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 3rd.
This year will be different, but the KCBIA will start the process for the call for mural artists and look forward to some good stories to share in Downtown Kamloops.