WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE A DESIRE TO IMPACT OUR COMMUNITY IN A POSITIVE WAY, EVERYDAY IN EVERYWAY!
WHO WE ARE: The Customer Care and Patrol (CAP) Team supports Downtown Kamloops by providing various services and support to businesses, residents, tourists, and the downtown vulnerable population. Reporting to the Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association, CAP Team members are committed to promoting a safer and friendlier downtown community.
THE TEAM: The CAP Team consists of a team supervisor and patrol members. Team members are responsible for fulfilling a variety of roles including downtown safety patrollers and ambassadors.
CAP TEAM ROLES INCLUDE:
- Developing relationships with business operators, residents, visitors, and tourists alike.
- Supporting tourism activities such as greeting visitors, leading tours, describing historical points of interest, remaining current and assisting with key events and activities, attractions, marketing, restaurants, shopping, parking and accommodations.
- Observe, take care of and report incidents including unsafe conditions, crime, and graffiti.
- Identify matters involving the vulnerable populations and respond in conjunction with various community organizations and resources.
- CAP Team members also support the RCMP and By Law Services with various crime prevention strategies and initiatives.
Team members will work 30 to 35 hours per week.
Ideal candidates will have a friendly personality, outstanding communication skills, knowledge of Kamloops; be motivated, flexible, and friendly, work well independently and in a team environment; possess excellent time management skills, and be attentive to their surroundings while on patrol. Candidates must be physically fit and capable of patrolling on foot or bicycle for 8 hours a day in all weather conditions.
*SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL WORK THE MAJORITY OF THEIR HOURS OUTDOORS*
TRAINING: Basic first aid, RCMP-crime prevention, report writing, note taking, effective patrolling, radio communications, bike handling and traffic riding, fentanyl education, Kamloops City By-Laws-basics and orientation, public health/street outreach training, media and public relations training, HR, leadership skills and conflict resolution, self-defence basics, computer-based reporting, team building and leadership, introduction to tourism/visitor information training
CAP TEAM – CRITERIA FOR GET YOUTH WORKING PROGRAM
- Between the ages of 15 and 29 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Unemployed or underemployed (working less than 20 hours per week), or
- Precariously employed – working unstable or irregular hours (such as casual labour or on-call work), working for unreliable wages (such as piece-work or commission) and/or working for earnings that cannot support an individual or their family
- Seeking full time employment (30-35 hours per week)
- Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school or returning to school
- Resident of BC (living in BC as a Canadian, a permanent resident or a protected person) and legally entitled to work in Canada (not utilizing any type of Visa (i.e. work or student)
- Not a participant in another provincially or federally funded labour market program (excluding WorkBC)
- Accepted as an eligible participant into the program by Bowman Employment Services.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Be willing and able to walk or bicycle in extreme weather conditions
- Be physically fit and capable of patrolling on foot or bicycle for 8 hours a day
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Future career interests include policing/tourism/law/social-services/outreach/communications/public service/business development/customer service/safety/event coordination/marketing
- A willingness to make a commitment to the program for a minimum of 3 months
Other qualifications may include: a second language, self-defence training/experience, first aid, crime prevention, tourism, hospitality, media, public speaking/relations, social work, and security.
Please note that this job posting will close on October 31st 2018
IF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS RIGHT FOR YOU, PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW
Thank you for your interest in joining the CAP Team. Only applicants chosen to move on in the hiring process will be contacted. If you have any questions, please email the CAP Team Supervisor at email@example.com