Here is an explanation of the different types of KCBIA memberships:
1. General Membership
- All commercial property owners within the KCBIA area – it is the commercial property owners who fund the association through a property tax levy. The commercial property owners are also the only group who may vote to renew the bylaw governing the KCBIA.
- All businesses with current business licenses that reside in those commercial buildings. (We do not represent home based businesses)
2. Voting Membership
- Members (commercial property owners & businesses) who pay the annual $50 voting membership fee
Some of the perks of becoming a VOTING MEMBER of the KCBIA:
- As a Voting Member, you will be aiding and benefiting in the redevelopment and growth initiatives the BIA is working towards for you as a property owner and/or a tenant.
- The more voting members our BIA has, the stronger the voice for important issues such as revitalization, beautification, growth and business incentives for the downtown core
- You may only become a director of the KCBIA or sit on a committee if you are a voting member
- Only voting members may vote on incoming directors and bylaw changes at the Annual General Meeting
- You receive a regular e-news to keep you up-to-date and informed on all of the current events and developments
- Your business name will be bolded in our popular Downtown Tourism & Business Directories
- You will be able to take part in important networking opportunities that arise from being part of an association such as this and you will be given opportunities to join cooperative marketing campaigns
Annual Fee: Within the KCBIA $50.00 & Outside the KCBIA $100.00 (Outside associate membership does not give you voting rights.)
3. Neighbourhood Marketing Alliance Membership
The Neighbourhood Alliance is all about forming close working relationships with businesses that want to be actively involved and contribute to the development of Downtown Kamloops.
- As a non-profit organization, we rely on stakeholder involvement and neighbourhood sponsorship to grow and improve every year. An annual neighbourhood contribution of $500 (about $42 per month) from your business goes towards a lot of incentives and support!
Benefits that directly impact your business:
- On-going social media promotion – Content creation & collaboration to promote your existing content
- Campaign/event participation at no extra cost
- Ability to log in and enhance your business listing on our new website
- Personalized ‘People of the Neighbourhood’ article written & distributed
- Mentions/promotion in outgoing marketing communications including our e-newsletter, NL radio updates & weekly Echo articles
Big picture items include:
- General marketing to bring traffic Downtown including new banners & signage
- Live music, outdoor seating & place management games
- Development of the Downtown Kamloops brand & improvements to events, marketing & programs
- Being a part of the Neighbourhood Alliance means that you are contributing to the bigger picture and want to see improvement and development of Downtown programs and marketing!
The KCBIA area currently encompasses all those businesses and commercial properties from the west side of 10th Ave, the north side of Columbia, the east side of 1st Avenue and the Thompson River.
Please mail your membership fee cheque or drop it off at the office #4 – 231 Victoria St. or give us a call at 250-372-3242 to make payment via MasterCard or Visa. Cheque is payable to Kamloops Central BIA.