Battle of the Bands in Downtown Kamloops presented by Kamloops Kia is set for May 18 2022. BoB is the ultimate showcase of local talent. Initially, bands have to send in their application to the Battle of the Bands committee. Approved bands will compete over the course of the evening to win the coveted Battle of the Bands trophy and a cash prize of $1,000! Audience and judges’ votes determine which local bands will advance to the final round.
This event showcases local talent of any ages from Kamloops and surrounding areas. All are welcome to apply for the Battle of the Bands – from high school to local garage bands. Upload your demo video and a brief description of your band to be selected as an approved participant. Be loud, be proud, and prove your musical talent. Three community judges and one audience votes will choose the competition winner so stack the crowd with your fans!
Grab the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience on the Main Stage in Downtown Kamloops.
DATE: May 18, 2022
LOCATION: 200 Block Victoria Street
TIME: 5:00PM – 7:00 PM
THE WINNER TAKES HOME…
The winning band will receive the ultimate bragging rights, a $1000 Downtown Gift Certificate to Lee’s Music, and the Champion trophy.
We now have Smash Happy Music on board who will be offering a 1 Song Single Recording Package – Recording, Mixing and Mastering!!!
For more info on them, visit: smashhappymusic.com
What are you waiting for? Send in your application today and wait to hear from our judging committee. Apply Now.
Deadline to Enterhas been extended.
The entire form must be filled out including links to songs as a preliminary judging tool. Quality of the recording will not be judged.
Once the registration deadline has passed, no additional bands will be added.
Content must be family friendly. No swearing or overly suggestive / hateful language.
Lee’s Music will supply
- Drum kit
- Bass amp
- Two guitar amps (if needed)
- Sound system
Otherwise, bands will be responsible for providing their own instruments, amps, and any additional equipment necessary for performance.
Format: Each band will play two songs. The order of performance will be a random draw.
The two songs together should be no longer than 8 minutes.
Be ready and tuned. Battle will be festival format: plug and play!
The Battle will take place May 18 on 200 Block of Victoria St. from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
- All original songs.
- All bands must contain a minimum of three (3) members. However, all members must read and understand the rules of the Battle. If you have any questions, please clear them up with the coordinator prior to registering.
- All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without compensation or rights to royalties
for such use.
- On the day of performance, band members must be dressed in clothing free from obscenities. This is a family-oriented event and therefore only activities suitable for families will be permitted.
- Band name and lyrics of performance songs should not contain any obscenities. Judges will deduct points for any use of obscenities not necessary.
- The entire performance must be violence-free and suitable for families.
- If a band incites moshing or any other sort of disruption in the crowd, the band will be immediately disqualified and the performance will be stopped.
- The use of any illegal substances will not be tolerated. If any band member is suspected to be under the influence of an illegal substance, the entire band will be disqualified, and the authorities will be notified. In addition, any band member under the age of 21 who is suspected of alcohol use will also be grounds for disqualification.
- All band members are required to be present at least 30 minutes prior to performance time to check in with the coordinator. If all band members are not present and ready to set up for performance 15 minutes before going on stage, the band will be disqualified.
- All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward other participating
- Bands may use pre-recorded sound material but it must be original content. This should be provided in advance of the Battle.
- Bands will get a detailed set of rules once they register.