Wondering what’s happening in Downtown Kamloops? Just Ask the CAP Team!
Who We Are: The Customer Care and Patrol (CAP) Team are a group of downtown ambassadors who provide assistance to businesses, tourists, and citizens alike! The CAP Team consists of a Team Supervisor and several patrol members who focus on promoting tourism and safety in the downtown core. CAP Team members are all responsible for taking on both the roles of downtown Safety Patrollers and Ambassadors; both aspects of the program are important to the success of the team.
Safety Patrol: We observe and report unsafe conditions, crime, graffiti, and vagrancy around the downtown and report/refer aggressive panhandlers and homeless to outreach facilities that may assist them. As well, our team assists the RCMP and By Law with crime prevention strategies and initiatives in a non-aggressive capacity.
Ambassadors: We are an embodiment of hospitality. Greeting and welcoming both locals and visitors to Downtown Kamloops. The Ambassadors aid tourists daily by pointing out historical points of interest, key events and activities, attractions, restaurants, shopping, parking and accommodations.
Located right in the heart of Downtown Kamloops, our Customer Care & Visitor Info Centre is manned by Ambassadors who will not only be able to tell you where to go and how to get there, but will be able to help you with anything you are looking for. You can find them at 340 Victoria St.
HOURS VARY WEEKLY: Ambassadors: 250-572-3008 and Safety Patrol: 250-572-3009
CAP TEAM BOOKING CALENDAR & SIGN UP FORM
CAP TEAM SUPPORT – The CAP Team is always willing to help when we are able! The CAP Team can offer support to your event if it is taking place downtown. Learn more about our Ambassador Program here.
Support means but is not limited to:
- Kids Zone (with place management materials)
- Attend the event as a vendor and promote Downtown Kamloops and the CAP Team
- Deliver notices and flyers around Downtown Kamloops
- Speaking engagements
What can you book the CAP Team for?
- Trade Shows
- Place Management
- Guest Speaker engagements
- Let us know what you’re looking for. We’re open to trying new things!
Place Management items that can be booked:
- Giant Jenga
- Connect Four (larger vehicle required)
- Cowboy Cut out (truck required)
- Cactus throw (larger vehicle required)
- Instagram sign (larger vehicle required)
- Ladder ball
- Bistro sets (larger vehicle required)
- Giant Checkers (truck required)
How it works:
- Typically, there is no cost to book our services or Place Management. However, some exceptions may apply.
- Place Management will be picked up and dropped off by your event staff at pre-determined times from 340 Victoria Street (unless otherwise discussed)
- Under no circumstances should place management be left outside of the office unattended during drop off – please leave it with a CAP Team Member!
- It should be noted that the services of the CAP Team will not be issued if the event is contradictory to the KCBIA’s mandate or if the services being provided conflict with pre-arranged and established CAP Team obligations.
How do I book the Cap Team?
Book your dates on the Calendar below by clicking on a date, fill in a few details, hit Send then complete the Sign-Up form below. All requests will receive either a phone call or email prior to being approved to confirm pick up times (if man power is available) and responsibilities.
Sign Up Form
This form is currently closed for submissions.