This past weekend the CAP Team attended the Green Living Expo as well as Boogie the Bridge. We were thrilled to unroll a new set of giant checkers and chat with the community about upcoming events in Downtown Kamloops! We are excited to be gearing up for our busiest season and can’t wait to share what we have in store for you!
On Sunday, May 13th (Mothers Day!) we will be hosting SpringFest in the downtown core. You’ll find art demonstrations, live entertainment & other fun activities including an artisan market with wine tasting on the 400 block of Victoria Street. Sip & Shop your way through the downtown core. SpringFest will bring the first sidewalk sales of the year so come enjoy your Mother’s Day brunch along with a fantastic Sunday in Downtown Kamloops.
This summer, the CAP Team will be participating and assisting with a handful of community projects. Some of these events include:
• Brew Loops Block Party featuring Royal Cup: on May 26th join Brewloops and Downtown Kamloops in a road hockey tournament. In the past this event has featured several current or previous NHL hockey players, ex-Kamloops Blazers, and various other professional level hockey players. Come on down to have a good time, eat some good food and have a couple of cold ones!
• Bike to Work Week: starting May 28th, we will have a Celebration Station at our Visitor Information Center (340 Victoria Street).
• Taste of Downtown: a tour for the foodies who want to sample award-winning dishes in June
• Back Alley Block Party: our official kickoff to summer at the end of June
• Artisans Alive: come down and enjoy local artists play music on the streets, stay tuned for a schedule!
• Alley Art Gallery Tours: A fun and unique walking tour lead by the CAP Team! Starting in June, one day a week – give us a call to get the details!
• Yoga in the Park: hosted by Let’s Move Studio at St. Andrews on the Square in July & August
In the meantime, feel free to chat with the CAP Team at our Visitor Information Centre (340 Victoria Street) or while we’re out on patrol to stay in the loop of all the events and fun things taking place in our community!
Written by Angela Halas from the Customer Care and Patrol (CAP) Team. Reach us at 250-572-3008/3009 or the Information Kiosk at 250-572-3017. Email email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram (Downtownkamloops) and Twitter (@downtownkamloops) too!