Downtown Kamloops is a charming neighbourhood to explore for a first-date or an anniversary. The illuminated trees, cobblestone streets, and lit-up shop windows set a unique atmosphere on any night of the week.
You may think the winter blues or post-holiday finances have taken a toll on your date night plans. Don’t worry, we’ve made a brief, budget-friendly list for the history buffs, foodies, night owls, romantics, and more!
So, feel free to cut this article out. Keep it in your wallet. Tape it on the underside of your car’s sun visor. Laminate it. Do whatever you must to show your appreciation and surprise your special someone!
• Enjoy freshly baked delights at Swiss Pastries Bakery & Café
• Try out the breakfast menu at Caffe Motivo
• Book a couple’s class at Barre Kamloops
• Lace up and ice skate at Memorial Arena and Sandman Centre
• Test your Jeopardy skills during trivia night at Carlos O’ Bryans
• Enjoy live music at Pizza Pi, Commodore Grand Café & Lounge, and the Art We Are
• Relax over dinner at The Noble Pig Brewhouse, Mittz Kitchen, and Citrus Restaurant & Lounge
• Split an appetizer and cheer on your favorite team at Kelly O’ Bryans
• Download a map from downtownkamloops.com and find the 27 murals in the Alley Art Galley
• Experience a tarot card reading or rune reading at The Golden Buddha
• Buy a locally-designed piece of art at The Gallery Store at the Kamloops Art Gallery
• Pop into Jonathan Buchner Gems & Jewellery and admire the unique collections
• Book a couple’s spa treatment at Genesis Fashion & Beauty Complex
• Treat yourself to a new outfit from Lavender Lingerie
Experience something new on your next date downtown and post your photos to social media with #downtownkamloops! Remember, the parkades on Seymour Street and Lansdowne Street are free on weekends. On-street parking is also free on Sundays and after 6:00pm everyday!
This article was written by Angela Halas, Customer Care and Patrol (CAP) Team Member. Reach us at 250-572-3008/3009 or the Customer Care & Info Centre at 250-572-3017. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram (Downtownkamloops) and Twitter (@downtownkamloops) too!