FREE Workshop Schedule:
- Thurs Nov 30 – 12-8pm – Wreath & Egg Ornament Making
- Fri Dec 1 – 12-8pm – An Introduction to Joinery
- Sat Dec 2 – 11-4pm – Jewelry & Ornament Making
- Sun Dec 3 – 11-4pm – Pop up Card Making
- Thurs Dec 7 – 12-8pm – Wreath & Egg Ornament Making
- Fri Dec 8 – 12-8pm – Intro to Scroll Work
- Sat Dec 9 – 12-6pm – Dipped Ornament Making
- Sun Dec 10 – 11-4pm – Wreath & Egg Ornament Making
- Thurs Dec 14 – 5-8pm – Driftwood Mobile Making
- Fri Dec 15 – 12-8pm – An Introduction to Joinery
- Sat Dec 16 – 11-4pm – Jewelry & Ornament Making
- Sun Dec 17 – 11-4pm – Upcycled Ornament Making
- Thurs Dec 21 – 5-8pm – Jewellery & Ornament Making
- Friday Dec 22 – 12-8pm – Intro to Scroll Work
- Sat Dec 23 – 11-4pm – Jewelry & Ornament Making
ARE YOU A LOCAL ARTISAN? YOU’RE INVITED TO POP-UP AT 340 VICTORIA STREET!
Downtown Kamloops is offering an opportunity to Artisans & groups to partner in our new Santa’s Workshop and Pop Up Artisan’s Shop 2017 Pilot Project at 340 Victoria Street.
You are invited to come down and facilitate an interactive activity in a prime Downtown location. We are looking for fun hosts who are willing to run 4-6-hour workshops (for example upcycled ornament making); we are open to innovative ideas! This opportunity would provide extra exposure, experience and revenue to upcoming artists, makers, musicians, videographers or community groups.
Project goals: To enhance the downtown experience, engage the public, activate our store front, support the arts community, celebrate the season, run a pop up pilot project, provide free workshops to our clients and promote Downtown Kamloops as the great gathering place that it is!
There are different ways to participate:
Host an activity in Santa’s Workshop
- Minimum 4-6 hour interactive workshop
- Depending on needs, the BIA could help provide supplies
- As a “Guest” in the Pop Up Artisan’s Shop, there is a retail option for 3-4 days (you would have to be on site for those days)
Partner in the Pop Up Artisan’s Shop
- Artisan partners are responsible for all aspects of pop up shop including shop set up, product displays, loss prevention, business licence, retail sales and any costs related to these items.
- There will be a limited number of artisans sharing the space – 4 to 6
- Minimun opening hours: Thursday thru Sunday
- Artisans can work as a co-op to staff the shop – not all have to be there at once.
- Each artisan pays rent, which will be offset by reciprocal payment for workshop hosting and facilitiation fees. 4 weeks of shop rent = 2 workshops per artist.
- The shop space will be shared with Santa’s Workshop activities
This is a pilot project for a larger Pop Up Shop concept being formulated. Participating in the pilot could lead into an opportunity to partner in this or other space in the new year.