Wednesday thru Saturday – July 26-29, 2017
Merchants Market is the busiest week of the summer in Downtown Kamloops! It’s all about creating an amazing customer experience and enhancing the vibrancy of our downtown core. This annual event features super sidewalk sales, the renowned Taste of Downtown, Car Free Day & more!
Event Information & Schedule
Wednesday, July 26 FIRST DAY OF SUPER SIDEWALK SALES
Wednesday kick-starts a week of music, entertainment & activity in the downtown core.
Thursday, July 27 TASTE OF DOWNTOWN 11AM-5PM
- We are selling passports with tokens – same as last year.
- Passport will list participating restaurants – These can be purchased up to one week before the event from our Customer Care Kiosk at 340 Victoria Street.
- Each donation of $15 gets you 8 tokens. Additional tokens are $2.
- Proceed split: The net proceeds are split between the Kamloops Food Bank Fund & Artisans Alive music program.
- Participating restaurants offer samples either from their restaurant or on the “Sizzle Strip” near 3rd & Victoria Street
Participants: Blue Dining + Lounge, Caffe Motivo – Denny’s Restaurant – Dickens Café – Frenchies Poutinerie – Jacob’s Noodle & Cutlet – Klasske’s Bistro – Maurya’s Fine Indian Cuisine – McDonalds Restaurant – Mittz Kitchen – PDK Café – Pizza Pi – Red Collar Brewing – Scoopz Ice Cream – Subway – Sushi Royal Tokyo – The Art We Are – The Grind Coffee House – Vyanjan Fine Indian Cuisine – Zack’s Coffee & Teas
Friday, July 28 Back-Alley Block Party 4PM-9PM
IT’S BUSINESS IN THE FRONT AND A PARTY OUT BACK!
Sidewalk sales and live musical entertainment continue throughout the day and into the evening!
NEW for 2017: A BACK ALLEY BLOCK PARTY
WHERE? 200 block alleyway between Victoria and Seymour Street
Brought to you in partnership by Downtown Kamloops and Brewloops – It’s the coolest party to hit Downtown Kamloops! Stop by after work for a cold beer, outdoor seating, entertainment & variety of food options.
- INDUSTRY HAPPY HOUR from 4-5PM – Skip out of work early for $1 off beers
- Entertainment from STREET PERFORMER Piper Mckenzie
- Fun and games including a PONG tournament
- Food on site from Mittz Kitchen, Fratelli Foods, Klasske’s Bistro, Vyanjan Fine Indian Cuisine & Jade Garden
- DJ’S & LIVE MUSIC from bands James & the North Shore and At Mission Dolores
Saturday, July 29 – CAR FREE DAY 10AM-4PM
Victoria Street will be opened up to pedestrians & blocked free of cars on the 200 & 300blks!
This pedestrian walkway will be filled with interactive activities, games, relaxation pods and experience stations. Businesses, clubs and organizations are being invited to bring their activity to the street & GO BIG!
Main Tent 300blk Entertainment
- 10:00-11:00am Strio-V
- 11:00-11:30am Let’s Move Dance Studio
- 11:30-12:30pm Jeremy Kneeshaw Trio
- 12:30-1:30pm Uncle Chris the Clown
- 1:30-2:30pm James & the North Shore
- 2:30-4:00pm Bees & the Bare Bones
200blk Entertainment Zone
- 10:00-1:00 Clinton Gray Comedy Magic Show
- 11:30-12:00 Piper McKenzie
- 1:00-2:30 Rivertown Players
- 2:30-3:30 Piper McKenzie
Fitness Zone – Free classes all day long!
- 10:00-11:00am Freeze Athletics
- 11:00am-12:00pm Barre Kamloops
- 12:00-1:00pm Let’s Move Studio
- 1:00-2:00pm Be.you.tiful Fitness
- 2:00-4:00pm Freeze Athletics