As per our Constitution and Bylaws, nominations will close 7 days prior to the Annual General Meeting. To view these bylaws, please press here.
The Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association has a mandate to accurately represent all facets of our general membership. We encourage you to take a moment and determine whether you or someone you know has the desire to seek election to the Active Board of Directors. We elect directors once per year at our Annual General Meeting in the spring.
We require Directors in both the Property Owner and Tenant categories for a 2 year term.
Nominees must represent either a business or a commercial property owner within the KCBIA area, which is a member in good standing.
As a member of the Active Board of Directors of the Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association, expectations are:
- A desire to be actively involved in your downtown community.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings held the first Wednesday of each month 7:30 – 9:00am
- Attend functions sponsored by the KCBIA from time to time.
- Respond to emails from KCBIA staff regarding meetings and opinions on current issues.
- Sit on and possibly chair at least one KCBIA committee which usually meet monthly (currently there are four committees)
- Safety & Social – 3rd Tuesday of each month at 12pm
- Business Development – 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30am
- Marketing – 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8am
- Membership & Communications – as required
- Possibly sit on an advisory committee, task force or an existing community committee.
- Executive Director and President are media spokespersons for the BIA but you will be responsible for representing the BIA when speaking to members