2018 Back Alley Block Party
Make your calendars – Downtown Kamloops most highly anticipated event of the summer is back! The 2nd Annual Back Alley Block Party returns to kick off the Canada Day long weekend Friday, June 29th. This event will feature locally brewed bevies, live music, outdoor games, an artisan market, and more!
See the 200 block alleyway between Victoria and Seymour Street transformed – From 4-10PM it’s business in the front and a party out back! Stop by after work to enjoy a cold one, outdoor seating and games, live entertainment & variety of food options!
ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
– Industry Happy Hour from 4-5PM – Skip out early with the work crew and get 5 beers for the price of 4!
– Fun and games including life size PONG
– Food/drink from Red Collar Brewing, The Noble Pig Brewhouse, Pizza Pi Kamloops, Fratelli Foods, Dickens Café, Iron Road Brewing, Monte Creek Ranch, Celista Estate Winery, Wild Mountain Jun, Harpers Trail Winery, Mittz Kitchen, Eats Amore, The Happy Camper & more!
– Live music from Factotum CO – Cassettes & Oddities
– A local art showcase & artisan market
Factotum Cassettes & Oddities is thrilled to be working in conjunction with Downtown Kamloops to curate the live entertainment for the Back Alley Party on June 29th. Some amazing up and coming local artists will be showcasing their talents throughout the evening.
- Abby Wale and her band perform a modern brand of popular music influenced by contemporary folk, surf, and country and western. Wale, whose previous group performed at last year’s Rockin’ River Music Festival, has been busy since debuting her solo project earlier this year.
- Jackson Marshall & The Jims mix elements of blue collar blues rock with avant-garde art rock. Marshall, a Kamloops born musician who studied jazz at Capilano University, has quickly become a big part of the local scene having been selected to play at the BrewLoops cask event last fall. His music bridges the gap between his formal music education and raw, uninhibited blues and rock n’ roll.
- James & The North Shore – Singer-songwriter James D. Bryan and his band The North Shore make up Kamloops’ road tested, world travelling folk group. Bryan’s stark lyrics and delivery are reminiscent of a Leonard Cohen or Jason Molina, while he is backed up by The North Shore’s relentless hearbeat. Cohesively the group form a folk sound with sub-Celtic influences and a working class ethos that recalls Billy Bragg.
- Sweater Kittens are a garage revival band fronted by Mallory Johnson and Ashley Walshbarr. Contrary to their name, the group plays rock n roll that mines 90’s fuzzed-out stadium icons like The Smashing Pumpkins and The Pixies.
MAIN STAGE SCHEDULE
– 4:00PM – 5:00PM Peter Duncan – Deejay Virtue
– 5:00PM – 5:40PM Abby Wale
– 6:30PM – 7:10PM Jackson Marshall & The Jims
– 8:00PM – 8:40PM James & The North Shore
– 9:00PM – 9:40PM Sweater Kittens
THANK YOU TO OUR 2018 BACK ALLEY BLOCK PARTY SPONSOR: Valley First
Is this event 19+?
Nope! This is an all-ages event, but you must show 2 pieces of ID to purchase drink tickets.
Is there an entry fee?
This event is FREE to the public! Drink tickets can be purchased at designated ticket tents and food vendors will be on-site.
**THIS IS A CASH ONLY EVENT**
Will there be any street closures impacting traffic?
Nope! We are only closing the 200 block alleyway between Victoria and Seymour Street (behind the Seymour Street city parkade) to accommodate this event.
Can I bring my kids?
Yes! We will have games, drinks, and activities for all ages.
Will you have bike parking stations?
Yes! Due to popular demand, we will have a designated bike parking area this year
HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR’S PARTY:
Amazing night at the Back Alley Block Party in Downtown Kamloops, complete with pong, live music, art murals, brews and…